Friday, May 11, 2012

Orange You Glad I Said Flowers?

This isn't so much an organizational fix, but it's still a "fix" that helps save you money.  Our family loves oranges, especially Jackson.  If we find a good batch of oranges (sometimes hard to do), we'll end up going back for more and more and more. 


On a related note I love my kitchen sink to smell good.  Not chemical good, but citrus good.  Sounds weird, but garbage disposals can get quite smelly. I've purchased these "Plink My Sink" balls and they're pretty great, but relatively expensive for what you get.  


Almost $5 

So I've personally started to use the orange peels instead.  I mean, they just end up in the trash anyway, so why not put them to good use!  I bet many of you already do the same thing. Just do a coarse chop (don't put large pieces of peel down or you'll have major issues!) and put them in a small container beside your sink. Then just put a pinch in the disposal when you clean your sink.  It makes your entire kitchen smell awesome!  Lemons and limes work too!  








You know what else makes your house smell nice and even look nice...fresh flowers.  Putting a vase of flowers on my dinner table just makes me happy and makes me feel better about the state of my house, even if other areas are messy.  I LOVE hydrangeas.  I have two bushes in my front flower bed, but they are just starting to bloom. These beauties were at Trader Joes, three stems for $5.99.  The roses are from my rose bush...FREE!







No comments:

Post a Comment